Sunday, August 11, 2013

It Was An Epic Trip!

It was our 3rd year of camping.  Camping in a cul-de-sac.  And this trip was epic.  So many stories, so much fun, so much laughter.  Sadly we weren't all able to be there this year,  but I know for sure we will all be back together again next year.
This year:
  • I got us cozys and squirt bottles with fans on them to make sure our outsides and insides stayed cool. EPIC!
  • I was over an hour late getting there to pick up Nikkii (I was busy getting things) and she was just ready.  EPIC!
  • We couldn't find the Subway, even though the sign off the freeway said it was right off the exit, so we asked for directions from a Burger King.  EPIC!
  • We drank and drank and drank some more. EPIC!
  • And then we had mimosas the following morning.  EPIC!
  • Then we took a walk and watched the stars by laying down in the middle of the road.  EPIC!
  • We disagreed, very loudly over which way to get back to the campsite and it was only midnight.  EPIC!
  • We played cards...I think I won 2 games the whole weekend.  EPIC!




  • I read 2 books.  EPIC!

  • We did a 5k. EPIC!
  • We found some raccoons that destroyed a basement of someone else's house and then it decided to come and take our chips and eat them right in front of us. EPIC!

  • One of us woke up with a busted up face.  The other without pants. EPIC!  Thank goodness for the first aide kit that was put into my car after my burned face incident last year.  We were able to doctor her up.  And the pants were found...outside the tent. EPIC!

  • We floated the lake that had poo all over the bank and the docks.  EPIC!
  • Two people decided to kick all the poop off the dock and into the lake. EPIC!
  • I was right by the dock, then I was swimming in poop water. EPIC!
  • Someone (old man) took pictures of us floating. EPIC!
  • We ate yummy food. EPIC!



  • When we got back to my car, we had a ticket for $250 for unlawful use of a sticker (a pass to go to the lake) at the lake.  Of course, the office closed at 4:30 and we got the ticket at 4.  We had to wait until the following morning to get it taken care of. EPIC!
  • Thank goodness, the lady forgave us and just told us to stick the sticker to the right car when we got home. EPIC!
  • I was waiting for an important phone call all weekend and I had no service.  We drove into town, to see if the call came in, but my phone said no. We came back into town 5 hours later and the phone call was on my phone, but it had been left at 9am and now it was 6. Waay to late to call back, let alone did I have the number because my phone didn't leave it. EPIC!

No comments: