Thursday, August 08, 2013

Drive Home

So on the drive home from Lovefest, I saw a few signs on the road alerting drivers to the blasting that was being done up at the top of the Pass that would shut the Pass down at 7pm and most likely close it for 2+ hours. I didn't think anything of it.  Figuring I would have no problem making it through.  I really wasn't worried until I was getting closer to the Pass and time was going by faster than I wanted it too and I was needing to go to the bathroom more and more.  I drove a little faster, thinking I could make it. Then a little faster, thinking if I can just get past the point of no return I would be good.  I thought about stopping at the last town and using the bathroom and then going up to the closure, but was talked out of it.  Told I would make it.
But then, 2 miles and 2 minutes away from where I needed to be, the road was closed. I had missed my opportunity and now I would have to wait for the two hours and still needed to go to the bathroom.
Here were the cars in front of me.


The cars in back of me.


I wasn't going anywhere! Yet, I still had to use the bathroom.  So I though, maybe if I go on the other side of the rocks, no one will see me.  As I got around the rock formation, I saw a cop.  Guess, I wasn't doing that.  I could see the rest stop on the other side of the freeway, maybe I could walk down there as I was going to be here for 2+ hours...yet what if they opened the pass early and I wasn't at my car to drive away!


So I kept thinking, then I thought, maybe if I walk to the top of the rocks formation, then I could go up there.  Just then a girl came down carrying a roll of toilet paper.  So that is what I decided to do.  I went up the mountain and there were a few people up there.  They kindly went back down the hill and I took care of business.
Now mind you, it doesn't look that big or far place to hike...


But check out this picture.  Make it bigger and see the lady down at the bottom.  It will give you some perspective.  All I can say, is thank goodness I've been hiking some this summer.

No comments: