Monday, April 12, 2010

Opening Day!



This years Opening Day held a bit more excitement this year, as I was in charge of the tickets. At first I didn't think we could get them, then I found some and paid and then they weren't available on the day they should have been. My tummy was turning into full on knots, but I didn't want to tell anyone else and make them worry too, so each time I was soothed by an email saying the tickets were coming don't worry or the tickets actually being together a knot slowly untied itself and my tummy became better.

This year the first pitch was thrown out by The "Big Unit"


to his all time favorite catcher Dan Wilson. I loved it...cause I loved both of them!


Edgar Martinez and Griffey were also around for a quick photo-op with their old teammates. The game, on the other hand, didn't turn out as well as the pitch. The M's lost their home opener 4-0. We never even really got a chance to cheer. NO runs makes for a very sad crowd!
I had a great time this year. The seats, although not in the suite area, were nice and warm. We didn't get rained on cause the roof was closed as it rained before the game and then the roof was opened just in time to start the game. I can't wait to go back again...oh wait, I'll be there a week from now. Going to do some re-con there...

No comments: