Monday, July 29, 2013

Pintresting Project

Saw this sign at Hallmark for way too much money, so I thought I'd make one!


 And I finally did really and truly make one. Here is my work area.


First I panted the canvas black, then I printed off the words finding the correct size and font for my canvas.


Then I used a pencil and went over all the letters on the back of the paper to use the pencil led to make a carbon copy on my canvas.


I then put the paper on top of the canvas and traced the letters right on top of the printed ones.


I was kind of worried about how well I could see the pencil markings, but it worked out just fine.  


I then used a brush I had to paint the two biggest words and then realized I needed a smaller brush to do the other lettering. One trip to Joann's an I was ready to paint again.


Each word got double coats of paint and then I called it good.


No comments: