Saturday, July 19, 2008

My First Contest...with a REAL prize

Now that my photos are on display and for sale at Heartbeat Healing Arts in Kent, it is time to actually get serious. For the past few days I've been trying to name my business. There have been lots of options, such as my kilipohi photography, k.chock photography, Chock Shots, Three Tree Photography, Capturing Blessings Photography, Big Opu Photography, and so on, but none of those seem to feel right. They just don't jump out and grab me.

I want the name to say reflect who I am, ring in people's ears, and feel right.

Here's where the contest comes in. You get a chance to pick the name for my business.
  • In the comment section, write your name for my business. (You don't have to be a member to leave a comment, leave it under anonymous, but sign your name in the space for writing so I know who it came from.)
  • The contest will close on Tuesday morning at 1:01am
  • I will review all the entries.
  • If your entry is the one that I choose, you will receive a gift certificate for $25 from a place of your choice.
  • There will also be a $10 gift certificate to Old Navy up for grabs.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mau Loa Photography
Meg Frank

Anonymous said...

I think you work is the....
Essence of Aloha. So I think that would be a cool name...but it's totally up to you. I think that what you are doing is so cool and I'd love for you to take some pictures of my honey and I. Maybe someday...
-Anne Carlisle

Anonymous said...

i just wanted you to know that i'm thinking of something... :)

Anonymous said...

I LIKE 'KILI CHOCK PHOTOGRAPHY'. CREATIVE I KNOW, BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR NAME IN THERE.

KALAE

Anonymous said...

Anyway, here are my picks



Honor Photography (a honor to be capturing the moment)

Spirit Photography (you are full of spirit – spirit of God, spirit of Hawaii, etc.)

Life Project Photography (your original blog name)

Freeze Frame Pictures

Chock Photography

marie

Anonymous said...

Ok, i was going back & forth in my mind with using your name or not...so i came up with a in-between way..

Pohi Photography or Pohi Photographer (like Becker lol)

And I have a cute idea for a logo too! LOL I'm on it! LOL We need to have lunch soon, since I can't have coffee. :(

Anonymous said...

"Capturing Your World" Photography

Kili Pics Photography

Don't let the fact that I gave you life interfere with your choice of a winner. Much Love Mom

Anonymous said...

KPC Photo

Ohana Photo

I had another idea, but I'm sure it wouldn't make the top 20.

Uncle Jon

Anonymous said...

serenity


aunty sue

Anonymous said...

woohoo! i barely made the deadline!

chock 'ful of life photography

OR

chock'olot photomaker:.

slogan: life's what you make it or how you take it.

(the apostrophe makes it look hawaiian & you may get a lot of clients who are obsessed with chocolate. and who isn't obsessed with chocolate?)

you're amazing!

j.hunt

Anonymous said...

I tried to put this in last night but it must not have worked...


anyways,

Chock It Up (Photography)

Rondee

Anonymous said...

I should have put what mau loa meant.... "forever"


Meg