Sunday, September 14, 2014

Saw It. Pinned It. Did It. Continued...

My art kick continued over the weekend…and I created another art piece to finish my wall decorating.  I found this stuck in my computer and knew it needed to get out of there.


I already had a canvas painted and ready to go, so I painted the flower



and then printed the words out.


I was super tired of using a pencil as carbon paper, so I actually went and bought some carbon paper.



It worked like a charm.  I only had to trace everything once and I could totally see it when I was ready to paint everything.


The crappy part was that the black paint wasn't really flowing smoothly, so I changed it up and used a sharpie instead.  I was also really conflicted onto what color of brown I should use for the words "beautiful" and "no flaw".  I tried one brown and it was too dark,  so over I painted with a lighter brown and I liked it a lot better.  After two coats of brown I was done.


And up it went on the quote wall.


After looking at all the quotes on the wall,


I realized that I had a lot of quotes with flowers…might be changing that up after I do some other home projects.

No comments: