Sunday, April 10, 2011

Goggles and Comments


This week, my goggles started leaking...they had already been fogging up, but now they started leaking. I don't understand why? I've only had them since 1997. Really? Leaking already? At only 14 years old? So I went to Sports Authority accompanied with a friend to get a new pair...and here they are in all their glory! I hope they work!! We'll see in the morning as I swim for 21 min.

As I was checking out, the guy at the counter asked if I wanted to sign up for the Seattle Marathon. I giggled a bit, thinking really, me? a marathon? As said friend who accompanied me responded, "No, she only does Triathlons!" I was so embarrassed...my goodness...It made me laugh even more!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Love it!

Liana said...

the biggest mis conception with marathons is that you have to run the whole thing. If you can tri, you could certainly run a marathon (or half!) if you wanted to.

I trained with Team in Training for my first half marathon (Seattle) and at the end of the month start training for my first full with them. LMK if you want to go to an info meeting to learn how they can help with your training? Or just call me and I can give you small kine info. :)

kilipohi said...

Oh there is no way Liana that I would want to do a marathon.
More power to you that you did do one. When is your full marathon coming up?

Liana said...

:) you could always start with a 5k and then work your way up. Send me an email if you want to talk more about it. it's been awesome to follow your Tri-training. I think one of my favorite things about training has always been how those "large" workouts stop seeming so large once you do it for the first time.

My full is in October. Want to donate to the cause? :)

http://pages.teamintraining.org/wa/nikesf11/liana

Unknown said...

I walked the Seattle 1/2 in 2010 - if I can do it with little cardio training, you could TOTALLY do it! And run most of it too! :-)