Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 147





1. When it comes to good manners, what two top your list of most important?


Saying please and thank you is my tops.  Saying excuse me after you burp runs a close second.

2. Let's open a proverbial can of worms...Common Core.  Are you familiar with the term (talking education reform in the USA)?  If so, care to share your thoughts? In your opinion, what is one of the biggest issues schools (in your home country) face today?

Common Core is an amazing thing that will equalize education for all students across the states.  Did you hear the sarcasm?  
I think it will help to equalize education across the 50 states, but it's also raising the standard and my students were barely meeting the standard before.  We might be in a world of hurt.

3. Name a celebrity whose fashion sense you admire and share why.


I really love Reese Witherspoon's style.  It's very classic and sensible.

4. How are you affected by the changing seasons?

I'm affected in my sinuses stuffing up and typically a bit of depression when the sun and blue sky are no more.

5. Scariest book you've ever read?

I don't read scary books, because they are just that. 

6. What time of day are you most hungry? What's your go-to snack?

I get hungry typically after school.  I usually have some fruit or a glass of water.  I do like crackers and string cheese, but those don't last long in my house.

7. Do you lean more towards being too needy or too independent? Which do you find harder to deal with in others?

I'm very independent and sometimes to a fault.  I may end up totally independent and by myself.  I think people that are too needy are too hard to deal with because they become very clingy.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I'm in love with all the fall colors that are popping up here.  I can't wait to get out and get pictures of them.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I'm in love with fall here too. It's my favorite season in the Northeast. We've got frost this morning though, so winter is around the bend. I think standards are good. I think tying federal funds to them, hinging a teacher's job to student's performance on testing, or having a one size fits all mentality are the opposite of good. I think education belongs in the states, not the federal govt.