Thursday, June 27, 2013

Best Trip Ever!

This summer I set out on a trip to take me to many different places and seeing many different people.  I started on the 25th of June and didn't get home until the 19th of July.  The best thing about this trip was that everything just seemed to fit perfectly together even timing wise. This map shows all the terrain I covered.  I just wish I could figure out how to draw on it to make it show the way I actually went, but I'm not that tech savvy to figure that out, yet...


View Larger Map

This part was written better in the post that comes right before it.  So read the other part, not this part.  I still wanted to include it.
[My first stop on the trip was in Springfield, Oregon (it's just right of Eugene) to visit friends from middle school. Yes, I'm still friends with my middle school friends and no it isn't just on facebook.  We hung out, watched the Bachelorette, did some thrift store shopping (this is where I got this), did some crafting, and did just a bit of eating.  Sadly I have no pictures of this part of my trip, as I hadn't taken out my camera yet.  I relaxed and got ready for my photography workshop, which I was super nervous about as I didn't know any of the girls that were going and it looked like they had all been talking to each other on the message boards. I was way worried about being the only one that didn't know anyone. 
The morning I left for my trip, I found a new and exciting tv show called Flea Market Flip.  I watched episode after episode after episode. It was super good, but I also think I might have been avoiding leaving.]

I took a shower and was off too my hometown workshop, in Jacksonville, Oregon, which is close to Medford, if you are wondering where we should be on the map at this point.

--on a side note--
Janell and I watched Conan O'Brien and saw this guy, Nick Swardson on it.  He was talking about his tattoos and BTE!  So hence, the name of my trip was born.  There is no video of that interview, which is way better than what I found here, but here he is talking about BTE and a few other things.

The rest of the story was that there were a bunch of them on this trip and they kept yelling, "Best Trip Ever!" Then it got shortened to "BTE!" Then one night, they all decided to get tattoos of it.  Not one of them thought it was a bad idea, so now they all have tattoos of BTE on their body...o

No comments: