Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Happenings in My Classroom


I've been carrying around a game in my purse lately (Bananagrams) and I've been really wanting to play it, so I decided that I'd play with my kids.
During reading stations, it became one of my stations this week. With each group I explained the rules and then we played. The first two groups had a really hard time and ended up dumping letters more often than making any words. But when they did make words, their words didn't make sense or they were spelling them up instead of down or they would connect all the letters, so you would have to know which way the words went before you could read them.
The last group the one I thought would have the hardest time, because they are my lowest kids and many don't speak English well did the best. They were making words and actually Peeling! I was proud. I think I'm going to take it back next week and do it again.

No comments: