Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Long Standing Date

Earlier this year, I thought it would be a fun idea to have dates with my niece. We could go out and do something fun, just her and I and then have a little lunch or something. So we started off small and did a little painting pottery,


costco lunch, and then home for a nap. The next time I was going to go over, I thought it would be fun to go roller skating, since we had done some ice skating when she was younger.


Well, I had her mom ask her if she would want to go the weekend of her brother's birthday. She said yes, so when I went over this past weekend and wanted to take her on our date, she didn't want to go, cause it wasn't her brother's birthday weekend. I tried everything to convince her that she wanted to go, but she just wanted to stay home and play all over her house.
So we had a stay at home date. Her mom and dad went back to bed and her brother was put down for a nap, so we had the whole house. We played dolls, danced, did hair and makeup, played dress up girls on the computer, played hide and go seek (but had to stop, cause she was too loud and woke up her brother), and we colored. We had a great time! Oh and we even did some shadow puppet making.


And when I go back in 2 weeks, she promised she would be ready to go roller skating. I can't wait.

No comments: