Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Idiosyncrasies

Never before did I think that I really had any idiosyncrasies, but I've been noticing more and more that I have some. Thanks goodness, they aren't super awful or too OCD, well at least to me they aren't.
A few years ago, and actually I don't remember when this even started (although around the time I got my boots would probably be a good time to believe this started, which would have been 4 Christmas's ago) I started wearing my jean skirt and boots on Wednesdays. It was easy to remember, as we had staff meetings that day and I also had buddy readers with my kiddos that day. I loved not having to think about what I was going to wear those days, I would just throw those things into my gym bag Tuesday night and I was always ready to go on Wednesday. Although I will say when we switched our staff meetings last year to Tuesday, it really messed with my head in trying to figure out what day it was and if I was wearing my jean skirt and boots on the right day.
And although there has been conscious effort on this one, it just so happens that my hair dos on Fridays are typically pigtails, two buns, or two braids. I think it's because I usually dress down on ( i.e. jeans and a school shirt) Fridays and I want to have cute hair to go along with it.
Also I love having people over and love that they feel welcome in my home to pick up and use or look at whatever is out, but please put whatever you use back where it goes...usually after people leave, I go around my house moving everything back into it's spot, although sometimes I can't wait and have to do it while they are still here. Sorry just a little pet peeve, maybe not so much an idiosyncrasy.

1 comment:

Rondee Kim said...

sounds a bit like control freak to me. That is ok... I live with one like that every day!!! (I have fun putting things in different spots just to see it bug him!)