Friday, February 06, 2015

Ke Akua

After a really rough week at school (it was a full moon),  I just needed a break and needed to do something a little creative.  I had had this picture in my head since before Christmas and was going to paint it for my cousin.  Our families Ke Akua is a Shark and he is always thanking him, so I thought it would be perfect.  This weekend, it finally came to fruition.  Earlier in the week, I painted the background (just like the one we did for the Seahawks pic.)  Then I looked online for a tribal shark tattoo.  I found one that was amazing and then traced it onto a piece of paper to bring it home and paint it onto the canvas.  Sadly, it was too small.  I ended up having to free hand it onto the canvas to enlarge it.  Thankfully it turned out well.


No comments: