Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 195

Sorry it looks so crazy! I think I may have to be done participating...
1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?


Yes, I've taken time to just sit and not do anything.  I think it's super important to take time and not let pass you by.  I'm typically letting work or house work go, so I can just sit.

2. Since we're talking turning...what's one thing you feel you're doing 'every time you turn around'?

I feel like I'm always at the grocery store.  I just moved and I'm slowly but surely filling up my cupboards again.
3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek?'

It really isn't hard for me to 'turn the other cheek', but what is hard for me is to not hold a grudge.  I know that the grudge will then rule me, but there are some I just can't let go.
4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it?

Oh man! I actually turned over my classroom multiple days in a row then stopped for about a month and then looked a month later for a clock and strips of paper with math definitions on them.  I didn't find the clock until I opened a bag of pillows that I thought for sure it wasn't in.  Come to find out the clock actually had broken and didn't work anyway.  The math definitions turned up in my old classroom, right where I left them.
5. 'One good turn deserves another'...were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?

I don't know if I have been on either end recently.  
6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.

I think I would choose orange as I would be able to have oranges in my diet all year long.
7. The Hunt for Red OctoberOctober SkyHalloween...which 'October' film is your favorite?

I would say The Hunt for Red October as I don't think I've ever seen October Sky or Halloween.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I love winking and think it's fun to wink at people, but when someone uses a wink repeatedly to say they are trying to put something over on someone else. It gets kind of creepy!



No comments: