Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Eating...

Lately, eating has become hard work. I don't want anything I already have in my cupboards.  I don't want to go out and spend money. I don't want to cook anything, cause nothing sounds good.  When I'm hungry, I'm ready to eat, not ready to defrost something and wait 30 min. to eat. 
I'm struggling...
So the other night, I decided I'd make a salad, but I had no meat to go in it and the dressing I used was super runny...(any hints on how to thicken up runny dressing?) So then I go to thinking, why don't I just cook up a bunch of chicken and have it ready to use in whatever I make.  Great idea!  So then I asked a friend about cooking a bunch of chicken in a crock pot and she said I could do that, but why didn't I make my own buffalo chicken or a garlic chicken.
So that is what I did.

1. Cut up garlic and sautee in 2 tbsp of butter for a few minutes.  Take out of pan and put on the bottom of a 9x13.
2. Mix Panko (I used crushed up bread crumbs, because that is what I had) with salt and pepper and fresh herbs- rosemary and thyme (I used Italian seasoning) and put in a plate to coat chicken in.
3. Take thawed chicken (breast or thighs) and put dijon (I used walla walla sweet onion mustard) on one side of the chicken.  Lay that side in the Panko and then put the chicken breaded side up in the 9x13.
4. Do the same for the rest of the chiken.
5. Bake for 35min on 375.


It turned out delicious and I still have leftovers for today.  Whoo hoo! Although I'm thinking I'm going to do some bbqing today.

No comments: