Wednesday, July 03, 2013

2nd Leg of BTE- Spokane

So after my photography workshop (which I will write about more later!- still editing) I headed back to Eugene for a night and then onto Spokane.  (If I didn't take the little break I would have been looking at a 10+ hour drive.) I got to have dinner with a great friend and then the following morning I was up and running.

-side note-
My friend's dog loves her, so much so she wouldn't leave her side.  Even when we went to bed, she decided she was coming to bed with us.  She got right up on the bed and wouldn't budge. Now mind you, this dog is heavy and not easily pushed off the bed or moved. It took us more than 20 min. to get the dog to move. I was dying laughing, because she was not moving for anything, not even a treat.

I drove and drove and drove. Up through Portland and then east out to Tri-Cities on the Oregon side.  As I drove the temp. kept rising, 81 degrees, 90 degrees, 99 degrees,


It went all the way up to 107 degrees at one point! It was insanity.  When I finally got to my sisters, I ate and then we were off to soccer for my nieceroo, which surprisingly I end up calling "sister friend" more often than not.  Right before we left, my nephew said, "Aunty I love that you are going to spend the night." It made the waaaay too long drive so worth my time.





The following morning, I watched the kids.  We did a little milk and dry cereal, then headed upstairs for breakfast before we headed out to the park.  We loaded everything up in the car, got to the Indian Park and realized that Kekoa had no shoes! So playing on the equipment at the park was short lived, as under all the equipment there was bark.  We instead headed over to the splash pad.  It was tons of fun.

He decided he wasn't opening his eyes for me.


Then all I got was tongue.






He decided he was going to somersault everywhere we went. 


After the park we went home and picked up their mom and headed to the dentist. The kids needed their teeth cleaned.





Both kids had no cavities and Leia had some wiggly ones.  They each got goodie bags and then we were off again to run some errands and then home for dinner and bed.


No comments: