Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lovefest '11

This years Lovefest brought many people from far and wide. Both my uncle and aunt's side of the family was there as well as many of my uncle's classmates too. This year, many people were there for two nights laughing, playing music, and eating. When we, Riles and I, got there the party was just waking up from the night before. The woks were starting to get heated up and the first game of volleyball was on the court.
We said our hellos and then went and got the tent set up and ready to go. The weather was gorgeous! Big blue sky and the sun was out, which was making everything a little warm, so I decided I needed a little beer to cool it down. That worked for awhile, but then the slip-n-slide was brought out and I thought it might be kind of nice to go down that to cool off. My mom had already went, so I thought maybe I would try it.



Little did Riles know I was thinking about it already, cause he told me if I went he would go. I told him let's go, but he said no. So up I went to the top of the hill, soaped and watered up, and down I came. I didn't make it to the end of the slide, so of course I had to try it again. The second time I made it all the way down the slide.
It was a lot of fun, but later on that day as I went to play volleyball, I noticed I had a little bruise taking shape and my ribs were a bit sore. By the end of the night, my knee was totally black and blue in 2 spots not just one and I could barely lay down on my back or tummy because of my ribs. Man! What did I do?
Well needless to say my ribs are still sore. It's hard to cough, sneeze, bend over, reach for the sky, sit...I had to call a urgent care nurse to see if there was anything I could do for it or if I should come in. Her official diagnosis was that I bruised my ribs or might have pulled some cartilage away from my ribs. She told me to heat with a heating pad, take some ibuprofen, and use a pillow to do all the things I mentioned I couldn't do, cause it would act like a splint if I hold it against my ribs while I do all those things above.
The good thing though is I can still go on walks, next week I will try biking and swimming.

No comments: