Sunday, August 07, 2011

Grand Teton Vacation


While having dinner with my Grandma and my Uncle Jayson, he said we really should go and see the Tetons. I thought, well maybe, but Riles really bought into the idea, so on the last day of our vacation we headed further south into Wyoming and to see the Tetons, which neither him nor I had a clue as to what we were really going to see.
We made it into the park shortly after 10 and went into the Ranger station hoping for a map and some easy directions as to where the Tetons would be. Needless to say, she gave us a map and then told us the Tetons were just out the window and would be on the right hand side of our drive the whole way....Now we felt a bit dumb and the mountains didn't look much different than the ones we see here. Needless to say I was a bit let down, but wasn't going to let that ruin our trip we were going to pick a spot on the map and see the darn Tetons...so I picked a spot and we drove and then we SAW the TETONS and they were gorgeous!!! Please, yet again, ignore the crap on my lenses...I am getting them cleaned soon.











On the way back we saw a pretty amazing waterfall and took a few pictures. Someone has to get better at taking pictures of waterfalls and me.



and just as we were coming into camp we found these to eating on the side of the road.




Our trip was amazing. We saw so many different places, spent time with loved ones, and have many memories to talk about and kid each other about. I especially loved not having to drive, cook, or clean....looks like we will be traveling together soon.

No comments: