Monday, July 11, 2011

Bike Training


With the triathlon coming up right around the corner, I thought it might be time to get my bike up and running so I would have something to ride.
So this morning after I did H20, I took it down to Angle Lake Cyclery. I asked them to check it out and see what I needed to do to the bike. They added air to to the tires and tired to fix my brakes, but in trying to fix the brakes they figured out that my frame was bent. Meaning it's ride able, but not necessarily for 13 miles. Booo! He suggested I find a bike from my friends...anyone? Anyone?
On a side note: I did get a helmet for $15 and it fits perfect.
And another note: My friend is taking a class to make sure she can change a tire or fix a tire...should I have been taking this class too? What happens if I blow a tire? Man!!! I didn't think of this!

2 comments:

Liana said...

if you can't find one head up to Gregg's Cycles in Bellevue and price out renting one for your event.

Anne C. said...

Check REI up there....that is where I'm taking my class. Or, maybe talk to Angle Lake Cyclery and ask if there is someone there willing to teach you how to change a flat tire. Just a thought....I'm an overachiever in the worrying department...that is why I'm taking the class. Plus, I really like riding so I thought it would be a valueable lesson.
Anne