Saturday, April 23, 2011

Triathlon Training

Working out was a little different this week, as I had school stuff on Thursday, we decided to change our H20 days to Monday and Wednesday, so I also changed my swimming and biking to Tuesday and Thursday, so I wasn't over working myself!
OH...AND because I was super sore from my hike. My thighs and calves were killing me. Stairs were a killer! But the strange thing was that once I started walking it wasn't bad. It took till Thursday till my thighs stopped hurting and my calves, well they are always tight!

Monday: 21 min. elliptical
h20
Tuesday: 15 min. swim
42 min. bike
Wednesday: h20
Thursday: 15 min. swim
42 min. bike
Friday:15 min. swim
42 min. bike

So obviously you noticed I took Wednesday morning off, well I was still in killer pain and I was hoping that with taking a morning off things would get better and thank goodness they did!
So on that Wednesday I should have been doing a 21 min. elliptical, so in my head I just thought I would add it to Friday's workout, which I thought was another 21 min. elliptical, therefore I would be doing a 42 min. elliptical workout, but what I realized when I woke up later than I had hoped, was that I actually needed to be doing a 15 min. swim and a 42 min. bike because I do that three times a week and the elliptical or run just two times a week. So in went my swimsuit to the gym bag and off to the gym I went....I only was a little late (7:50) to work....hee hee!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

two words - FOAM ROLLER - my friend Tracy calls it the best invention ever and why did it take her so long to get one? sit on the floor with one calf on the roller and the other leg on top, roll and push down at the same time - hurts so bad but will feel so good :-)

check in the stretching area at your gym - they probably have something for you to try - look at you, Rock Star - keep up the good work!
Love, Mel