Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Finally Filled

It's been a labor of love for sure...well for sure labor. I got this picture frame about 6 months ago and loved the frame, but not the picture in it. So I went on a hunt for a new picture and had hardest time finding one, so I thought ooh maybe I'll put something else in it. So I bought some paper and some woodblocks, but it never looked just right. So then it was on to a piece of fabric and maybe some wood pieces to go in it, but they also never looked just right, so out with the wood and into some stickers. The fabric was so dark that the letters had to be light, but the letters I bought were too light, so out went the fabric and I went on to a different idea. While in the search, I found some flower rub-ons I really liked, but they were in the wrong color, so I decided I would just paint my own. So here in all it's glory is the frame with the new piece in it. I might add a few words and paint the blue around the mat a darker color, but for now I really enjoy it.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Fantastic! You are so crafty, my friend :)

Anonymous said...

LOOKS GREAT!!
DANG you remind me of me.
Da Mom

kilipohi said...

ummm,I hope that's a good thing mom! hee hee! What I take from that is, "Oh if I can't find it, i'll just make it."